The History of Nordic Forge Inc.
In 1885, Nordic Forge Inc. was founded by Ernst Enders under the name Original Enderes in Littleport, Iowa. A blacksmith by trade, Enders started making an extraction nipper for taking neverslip caulks out of horseshoes along with an assortment of other hand tools. In 1916 he moved his tool corporation to Albert Lea, Minnesota and in 1924 he severed his ties in Minnesota and returned home to Guttenberg, Iowa where he purchased Climax Manufacturing and incorporated it as Enderes, Son and Co., Inc. Enders continued to produce tools until his death in 1937. Over the next several years, the company was purchased several times before Hensel Peterson bought it in 1960. The company was renamed Nordic Forge Inc., in 1976. A year later using their knowledge of forging, the company began experimenting with horseshoes and accompanying farrier tools adding to their line of punches, chisels, bar tools, nail pullers, wrecking bars, hitch pins and veterinary supplies.